Tips & Traps for Hiring a Contractor (Open Ebook)
There are plenty of do-it-yourself books on the market, but sound information about hiring and working with home improvement specialists is hard to come by. Written for homeowners who are hiring pros for large-scale home improvement, remodeling, and maintenance jobs, these titles feature visually appealing, easy-to-read layouts, and are packed with sidebars and callouts of special advice on how to hire a contractor.
Written by an author who is a licensed Master Plumber as well as a licensed Class A Builder with almost three decades in the construction field, each title features:
- A focus on how to screen and hire home improvement pros
- Time and cost saving tips and techniques including cost estimating charts for materials and labor
- Advantages/disadvantages of various materials
- Site, design, planning, and maintenance considerations
- Explanations of different options, and the benefits and the drawbacks of each