DK Eyewitness Vienna: 2019 (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Steeped in imperial splendour, Vienna delights at every turn. From Roman ruins at the foot of the Hofburg to the tallest tower of Gothic Stephansdom, the city's landmarks are a testament to its rich history. And no list of Vienna's treasures would be complete without its engaging museums and world-famous classical music. Our newly updated guide brings Vienna to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Vienna is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Vienna you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Vienna’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Vienna, from Stephansdom Quarter to Schottenring, Hofburg Quarter to Belvedere Quarter
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the state easily and confidently
- Covers: Stephansdom Quarter, Hofburg Quarter, Schottenring and Alsergrund, Museum and Town Hall Quarter, Opera and Naschmarkt, Belvedere Quarter
Touring the country? Try our DK Eyewitness Austria. Want the best of Vienna in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Vienna.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993.Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." — Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." — The Philadelphia Inquirer