Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide (Spiral)
Learn to identify and use more than 300 dental instruments Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 8th Edition makes it quick and easy for dental assistants and dental hygienists to master the instruments, equipment, and tray setups used in everyday practice. The book includes over 750 photographs and drawings of basic and specialty dental instruments, paired with monographs describing each instrument's characteristics, functions, order of use, and sterilization guidelines. With a spiral-bound, flashcard-style, flip-chart format, the book also makes it easy to review key information and to assess your knowledge. Dental Instruments is the perfect guide both for study and for chairside reference
- EXPANDED Photos and illustrations show the instrument or equipment in use within the context of dental care, also emphasizing updates in emerging technologies, infection control, implants, and orthodontics.
- More than 750 high-quality photographs and illustrations include both full and close-up views to help quickly and accurately identify and differentiate dental instruments.
- Clear, two-page spreads include a photo of each instrument along with its name, functions, characteristics, practice notes, and sterilization, with chapters progressing from basic instruments to more specialized instruments.
- Flashcard-style format is perfect for self-quizzing on dental instruments and their uses.
- Pocket size, spiral binding, and Velcro(R) closure enable easy, on-the-go study and use.
- Practice Notes and Sterilization Notes summarize common tray setups as well as CDC recommendations.
- Student review activities on Evolve include chapter quizzes as well as tray setup questions and exercises.