Radar Systems Analysis and Design Using MATLAB (Hardcover)
The first edition of this ground-breaking and widely used book introduced a comprehensive textbook on radar systems analysis and design providing hands-on experience facilitated by its companion MATLAB(R) software. The book very quickly turned into a bestseller. Based on feedback provided by several users and drawing from the author's own teaching experience, the 4th edition adopts a new approach.
The presentation in this edition takes the reader on a scientific journey whose major landmarks comprise the different radar sub-systems and components. Along the way, the different relevant radar subsystems are analyzed and discussed in great level of detail. Understanding the radar signal types and their associated radar signal processing techniques are key to understating how radar systems function.
Each chapter provides the necessary mathematical and analytical coverage required for a sound understanding of radar theory. Additionally, dedicated MATLAB(R) functions/programs enhance the understanding of the theory and establish a means to perform radar system analysis and design trades.
The software provides users with numerous varieties of graphical outputs. Additionally, a complete set of MATLAB(R) code that generates all plot and graphs found within the pages of this textbook are also available. All companion MATLAB(R) code can be downloaded from the book's web page.
The 4th Edition:
- Takes advantage of the new features offered by MATLAB(R) 2021 release
- Brings the text to a current state of the art
- Incorporates much of the feedback received from users using this book as a text and from practicing engineers; accordingly, several chapters have been rewritten
- Presents unique topics not found in other books
- Maintains a comprehensive and exhaustive presentation
- Restructures the presentation to be more convenient for course use
- Provides a post-course reference for engineering students as they enter the field
- Offers a companion solutions manual for instructors
The 4th edition will serve as a valuable tool to students and radar engineers by helping them better analyze and understand the many topics of radar systems. This book is written primarily as a graduate-level textbook, although parts of it can be used as a senior level course. A companion solutions manual has been developed for use by instructors.