Issues in Physical Education (Issues in Teaching) (Hardcover)
Issues in Physical Education stimulates student-teachers, NQTs and practising physical education teachers to reflect on issues important to improving teaching in physical education. It encourages reflection and debate as an important part of professional development. Issues discussed include:
- aims as an issue in physical education
- breadth, balance and assessment in the physical education curriculum
- equality and the inclusion of pupils with special needs in physical education
- progression and continuity in physical education between primary and secondary schools
- community initiatives in physical education
- physical education, health and life-long participation in physical activity.