Own Your Money: Practical Strategies to Budget Better, Earn More, and Reach Your 6-Figure Savings Goals (Paperback)
In Own Your Money, Michela shares all the tools you need to manage, save, invest, and set a routine to improve your financial life. You’ll find chapters for:
- Budgeting: Don’t make it a dreaded B-word! Learn about various strategies including 50/30/20, zero-based, and 3-bucket budgets.
- How to save: It’s all about being SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound).
- How to spend money: That’s right, a plan for spending is important too! With a quick analysis of values and priorities, you can spend without feeling guilt—yes, even on fancy coffee.
- Investing: Learn the difference between 401ks and IRAs, investment types from index funds to target date funds, and relate it all back to core concepts in investing (like diversification).
- Jobs and careers: If your dream job doesn’t exist, join the club! Learn how to find satisfaction through the tasks you want to do, networking, and career pivots.
- Increase your earning potential: Set yourself up for a raise/promotion, negotiate a job offer, and figure out if a side hustle is right for you.
With illustrations, helpful charts and graphics, and templates to help you plan, this is a book that’s meant to partner with you to achieve your financial goals.
Michela Allocca is a Financial Analyst and entrepreneur specializing in Gen Z and Millennial money management. She focuses on instilling sustainable and intentional spending, saving, and budgeting practices into your life so you can reach your 6-figure savings goals. With hundreds of thousands of followers on TikTok and her own set of signature online courses, Michela has successfully built a platform that speaks directly to the growing number of young people who are ready to take their financial power back. Notable brand partners include Refinery29, Truebill, H&R Block, Fundrise, Credit Sesame, and Stash. Find her as @breakyourbudget on social media and at breakyourbudget.com.