Nrsv, Catholic Bible, Gift Edition, Leathersoft, Brown, Comfort Print: Holy Bible (Imitation Leather)
A perfect gift to commemorate a special accomplishment or event in any Catholic's faith journey published in the readable NRSV.
Pope Francis has said of the Bible, "Take it, carry it with you and read it every day: It is Jesus himself speaking to you in it "*
This beautiful gift edition of the Catholic Bible is the perfect gift for special milestones in every Catholic's journey of faith, such as Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, Marriage, or RCIA. Extra helps--including reading plans and prayers, book introductions, a timeline of Catholic and world history, a glossary of important terms, a concordance, full-color maps, and more--make this ideal for anyone who wants to learn more about Scripture and Catholic practice.
About the NRSV: Renowned for its balance of scholarship and readability, the NRSV is a trustworthy translation appropriate for personal spiritual formation and in the academy. This Catholic Edition of the NRSV bears the imprimatur of the Roman Catholic Church and is approved for private use and study by the Catholic faithful.
- Complete Catholic Bible, including the Deuterocanonical books, with the official imprimatur of the Roman Catholic Church
- Anglicized text
- Presentation page allows you to personalize this special gift by recording a memory or note
- Articles providing an understanding of fundamental Catholic beliefs and practices
- Bible book introductions provide a concise overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
- Durable Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
- Reading plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
- Bible Maps are a visual representation of the locations where key events take place in the Bible
- Ribbon markers allows you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading
- Exclusive 8.5-point Catholic Comfort Print(R)typeface created specifically for Catholic Bible Press by 2K/DENMARK type foundry
* Angelus, St. Peter's Square, April 6, 2014 (c) Libreria Editrice Vaticana. Used by permission.