Training in Motion: How to Use Movement to Create Engaging and Effective Learning (Paperback)
This book explains how movement enhances learning and introduces a unique and highly effective way to energize a team and increase retention through simple body-focused techniques.
Whether your employees are stuck behind a desk or having to sit through another meeting, chances are they are being kept from moving around most of the workday. This is resulting in restless bodies, wavering attention spans, and--based on the latest neuroscience research--decreased learning and productivity. Managers desiring to maximize their employees' productivity and reach new levels of success for the company would be wise to not ignore the innate human desire for motion.
In Training in Motion, learn how to:
- Tie lessons to movement in order to reinforce concepts
- Manage learners' physical and emotional states to increase engagement and bolster memory
- Use posture, physical gestures, and other movements to command interest
- Employ quick physical breaks to efficiently refocus your team
- Turn lackluster meetings into high-achieving learning environments
Complete with practical, easy-to-apply activities, Training in Motion will help you add an almost universally untapped component to your training and managing methods that will provide your office environment the winning edge you've been searching for.