The Encyclopedia of Elder Care: The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric Health and Social Care (Hardcover)
Praise for the Third Edition:
"The third edition of this outstanding resource reflects the many advances in the care of older people that have occurred since the publication of the second edition...The vast bulk of the content is accessible and relevant to an international audience. The indexing and cross-referencing are excellent... Score: 5/5 stars.
-- Margaret Arthur, Nursing Standard
The information in this book] is amazing. I reviewed topics in which I have expertise and was very satisfied. This is an excellent addition to my library and I will refer to it often, much like a medical dictionary... Score: 90, 4 Stars.
--Doody's Medical Reviews
"Provides 273 comprehensive, yet succinct, entries on a variety of topics related to elder care. In addition, many of the entries include see also references that help readers easily navigate the book. Recommended.
--Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries
This expanded, one-of-a-kind reference of more than 250 entries provides a comprehensive guide to all of the essential elements of elder care across a breadth of health and social service disciplines. Responding to the needs of providers, directcare workers, family, and other caregivers, the diverse array of entries included in this encyclopedia recognize and address the complex medical, social, and psychological problems associated with geriatric care. In addition to a brief, accessible summary of each topic, entries include several key references, including web links and mobile apps for additional sources of information.
This updated edition contains more than 30 new entries written by renowned experts that address a variety of elder care topics.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- New entries addressing Ethics Consultation, Eye Disorders, Pain - Acute and Chronic, and many others
- Provides succinct descriptions of over 250 key topics for health and social service clinicians
- Offers crucial information for elder care providers across all settings and disciplines
- Distills current, evidence-based literature sources
- Written by nationally recognized expert researchers and clinicians
- Includes links to useful websites and mobile apps