Rural Nursing, Sixth Edition: Concepts, Theory, and Practice (Paperback)
Now in its sixth edition, this authoritative classic remains the only text to provide a wide range of essential information for nurses who work in sparsely populated and vulnerable geographical areas. Focusing on rural nursing concepts, theory, research, education, public health, and healthcare delivery from a national and international perspective, the sixth edition is distinguished by its emphasis on practical applications. With ten completely new chapters and substantial revisions, it disseminates the skills and knowledge required for effective nursing practice, education, and research regarding the evolving rural and frontier setting.
Written for undergraduate and graduate nursing students, the book highlights the challenges of frontier nursing and the relative opportunities for innovative practice in rural healthcare. The effect and spread of the coronavirus on nonmetropolitan areas is covered throughout the text. Topics for discussion at the beginning of each chapter and case studies throughout the text promote critical thinking. An Instructor's Manual and PowerPoint slides accompany the text.
New to the Sixth Edition:
- New Chapters on Theory and Research, Emergency Medical Services, Suicide Risk Assessment and Intervention, Interprofessional Education, FNP Competencies, Transcultural Service-Learning, and more
- Incorporates the new challenges that coronavirus created and how to address them.
- Greater focus on practical applications for rural nursing practice
- Increased coverage of telehealth, evidence-based policy, and education programs
- Updated models of practice and research
- Covers critical issues for nursing professionals who are practicing, teaching, and conducting research in underserved areas.
- Expands understanding of the cultural characteristics of rural persons and places.
- Provides single-source reference of rural information for rural nurses, nursing students, faculty, and researchers.
- Authored by noted educators and practitioners of rural nursing from across the United States and Canada.
- Includes an Instructor's Manual and PowerPoints