Textbook of Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nursing: Evidence-Based Patient Care for Adolescents to Older Adults (Paperback)
I was thrilled to see content that focuses on quality improvement, patient safety, interprofessional collaboration, care coordination, and other content that supports the role of the AGNP as a clinical leader and change agent. The authors give these topics the attention that they deserve, with clear, insightful guidance and importantly, the evidence base. The chapters that address roles (including during disasters ), settings of care, billing, and medication use address salient issues that will help the fledgling AGNP to hit the ground running and the seasoned AGNP to keep current.
-Marie Boltz, PhD, GNP-BC, FGSA, FAAN
Elouise Ross Eberly and Robert Eberly Endowed Professor
Toss and Carol Nese College of Nursing, Penn State University
From the Foreword
Written for Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners, faculty, and students, this primary text encompasses the full scope of AGNP primary care practice across multiple healthcare settings including telehealth. The text emphasizes the best available evidence to promote person-centered care, quality improvement of care, interprofessional collaboration, and reducing healthcare costs. The text delivers timely information about current healthcare initiatives in the U.S., including care coordination across the healthcare continuum, interprofessional collaboration, and accountable care organizations.
Disease-focused chapters contain general and specific population-based assessment and interprofessional care strategies to both common and complex health issues. They offer consistent content on emergencies, relevant social determinants of health, and ethical dilemmas. The text also prepares students for the administrative aspects of practice with information on the physical exam, medications, billing, coding, and documentation. Concise, accessible information is supported by numerous illustrations, learning objectives, quality and safety alerts, clinical pearls, and case studies demonstrating best practice. A robust ancillary package includes an Instructor's Manual with case studies and teaching guides, a Test Bank reflective of clinical situations and patient conditions, PowerPoints covering key concepts, and an Image Bank of skin conditions and other figures.
- Covers several key courses in the curriculum for ease of teaching/learning
- Embraces a broad population focus addressing specific care needs of adolescents through older adults
- Facilitates safe care coordination and reinforces best practices across various health care settings including telehealth
- Fosters understanding, diagnosis, and management of patients with multimorbid conditions
- Incorporates evidence-based practice information and guidelines throughout, to ensure optimal, informed patient care
- A robust ancillary package includes an Instructor's Manual, a Test Bank, PowerPoints, and an Image Bank.