Learning Mastercam X5 Mill 2D Step-By-Step [With CDROM] (Paperback)
This unique text presents a thorough introduction to Mastercam X5 Mill for students with little or no prior experience. It can be used in virtually any educational setting -- from four-year engineering schools to community colleges and voc/tech schools to industrial training centers -- and will also serve as a reliable reference for on-the-job use or as a self-study manual. The award-winning authors have carefully arranged the contents in a clear and logical sequence and have used many hundreds of visuals instead of wordy explanations. Two enclosed CDs contain Mastercam X5 Demo and also include examples and exercises from the text for student practice.
- Emphasizes student-friendly graphical displays in place of long explanations and definitions.
- Includes an overview of the process of generating a word address program.
- Presents numerous examples that provide step-by-step instructions with graphical displays.
- Eliminates flipping between pages by featuring all explanations on the same page as the example.
- Contains exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Features a process plan for many machining exercises to indicate the machining operations to be performed and the tools to be used
- Contains a new chapter on Creating 2D Solid Models by extrusion, revolving and Boolean Operations.
- Contains new material on editing solids and building a history tree for imported solids.
- Contains a chapter on Executing 2D Milling Operations on Solid Models.
- Contains new material on creating a user defined tool plane and machining on the plane.
- Contains a new chapter on File tracking and Change Recognition.
- Includes an in-depth presentation of how to customize Mastercam X5 for user applications in the appendix.