Understanding by Design Professional Development Workbook (Paperback)
Implementing the popular Understanding by Design(R) (UbD(TM)) framework is much easier when you use this in-depth resource for workshops, curriculum teams, and teacher training. This collection of templates, design tools, examples, and exercises helps you give all staff members a firm grasp of key UbD principles, including
- How to use backward design to align curriculum with assessment and instruction.
- Why to focus curriculum on the "big ideas" in your content standards.
- Which learning activities are more apt to enable students to achieve desired results.
- Drafting curriculum units based on essential questions.
- Creating performance tasks and rubrics for assessing student understanding in any subject.
- Organizing, sequencing, and guiding classroom learning experiences.
Included are steps for conducting a peer review of unit designs plus process steps to guide your implementation of UbD systemwide.