Conventional Label Printing Processes: Letterpress, lithography, flexography, screen, gravure and combination printing (Paperback)
This book explains the principles of each of the main conventional printing processes used in the production of labels as well as the types of printing equipment used.
Although conventional printing is under pressure from digital processes, it remains a potent force in the sector. The relative popularity of each printing process will always change and some will become entrenched in their own particular niches. It is important, however, to have a fundamental understanding of each process, the mechanics behind them and how they are evolving and changing.
This book aims to provide this knowledge in a clear and concise way.
- The changing landscape of label printing
- Label press configurations and ancillary equipment
- The letterpress printing process
- The lithographic printing process
- The flexographic printing process
- The screen printing process
- The gravure printing process
- The combination press