The Good Life - Teen Bible Study Book: What Jesus Teaches about Finding True Happiness (Paperback)
Do you want to be happy?Everyone wants to be happy. We spend our money, time, and energy chasing our version of the good life. And on the way, we run ourselves into physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. But what if the happiness we're all striving for isn't the happiness we were created for? Pastor and author Dr. Derwin L. Gray believes there is a better road to happiness, and it is found in the Beatitudes of Jesus. In this section of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus revealed the shocking, countercultural path to true flourishing. It comes not through wealth, fame, or laughter but through poverty, obscurity, and mourning. True happiness comes from a heart directed toward the kingdom of God and satisfied in Jesus the King. This 8-session small-group teen Bible study demonstrates how Jesus taught us to search for, find, and hold on to the good life. Session topics:
1) Happy are the Beggars
2) Happy are Those Who Lament
3) Happy are the Humble
4) Happy are the Hungry and Thirsty
5) Happy are the Merciful
6) Happy are the Seers
7) Happy are the Peacemakers
8) Happy are the Persecuted Features
- 8 small-group sessions
- Teaching videos featuring author Derwin Gray, approximately 10-12 minutes each week -- available separately
- Leader Guide in the back of the book to guide questions and discussion with small groups
- Personal study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Find the good life available to those who know Jesus Christ.
- Learn to depend fully upon God.
- Receive comfort from God and extend that comfort to others.
- Hunger and thirst for a deeper relationship with God through Christ.
- Develop endurance when experiencing persecution.
- Practice God-centered humility.
- Become a more merciful person as you extend the mercy of God to others.
- Reflect on the timeless truths of the beatitudes.
- See how God can use you as a peacemaker in your church and community.