Shear's Cysts of the Oral and Maxillofacial Regions (Hardcover)
The new Fifth Edition of Shear's Cysts of the Oral and Maxillofacial Regions delivers a comprehensive treatise on cysts that arise in the oral and maxillofacial tissues. It is the gold-standard on oral and maxillofacial cysts for professionals working in head and neck pathology, oral medicine, head and neck surgery, and radiology.
The book has been completely revised and rewritten to enable readers to easily access key facts and important information that will assist in diagnosis and management of these lesions. The text has been updated, with increased emphasis on histopathology and differential diagnosis, and with a new layout that makes information more accessible to students and trainees at all levels, as well as to non-specialist clinicians and general pathologists faced with an individual lesion that requires diagnosis and management. Key features include:
- A new chapter that reviews the pathogenesis of cysts and presents an approach to diagnosis, including specific radiological and histological features that have diagnostic utility in each cyst type
- More detailed considerations of the classification and terminology of cysts including discussion of the historical background
- Enhanced data presentation with new tables and illustrations, and increased numbers of photomicrographs and radiology images
- Detailed consideration of histological and radiological differential diagnosis
- Comprehensive reviews of the pathology and pathogenesis of each cyst type including molecular and genetic studies that have advanced our understanding
- The use of boxes that summarise key features and make information easily accessible to readers at all levels
Shear's Cysts of the Oral and Maxillofacial Regions Fifth Edition is a valuable resource for specialists and trainees in oral and maxillofacial pathology, oral medicine, and head and neck surgery, as well as radiologists seeking a comprehensive understanding of oral and maxillofacial cysts.