Every Tenant's Legal Guide (Paperback)
The only book of its kind, Every Tenant's Legal Guide gives you the legal and practical information you need (plus dozens of sample letters and forms) to find a great rental and landlord.
Learn your rights regarding pets, guests, deposits, and privacy--and find out how to:
- get repairs and use rent withholding or repair-and-deduct if you have to
- avoid disputes with roommates over rent, deposits, guests, and noise
- fight illegal discrimination, retaliation, or sexual harassment
- navigate state and local rent control laws
- deal with hazards like lead paint, mold, or bed bugs
- break a lease with minimum liability, and
- get your security deposit returned on time.
The 10th edition of Every Tenant's Legal Guide includes charts with the details on landlord-tenant laws. This edition also includes information on how to research and handle pandemic-related issues such as eviction bans and lease amendments.
With downloadable forms: Includes move-in and move-out forms, and security deposit demand letter--available for download (details inside).