Construction Law Handbook (Hardcover)
Construction Law Handbook, Third Edition is a comprehensive, one-stop reference on the current state of the business of construction and construction law. Comprehensive in scope--yet highly accessible for everyday use--the Construction Law Handbook puts at your fingertips vital information and practice tips from an unrivaled panel of construction industry professionals--attorneys, accountants, construction consultants, and other key players with extensive industry expertise. Each chapter examines in detail a major legal or business issue confronting today's construction professionals from the perspective of a seasoned expert (or team of experts) in that area.
With Construction Law Handbook, Third Edition, you'll be prepared to handle complex questions such as:
- What are the duties and liabilities of the architect-engineer to the contractor and subcontractor?
- How are damages resulting from negligently prepared plans and specifications calculated?
- How can an owner allocate risks and reduce project costs?
- What are the builder's major areas of risk?
- How are construction delays quantified?
- What are the benefits of green design?
Written by construction professionals for construction professionals, Construction Law Handbook, Third Edition is an indispensable resource for anyone who needs fast access to the latest information on construction law and practice, including:
- Privatization of traditionally public projects
- Risk allocation and management policies
- Third-party dispute resolution processes
- Construction scheduling
- Partnering in the construction context
- Using electronic discovery in damage claims
- And more
Previous Edition: Construction Law Handbook, Second Edition, ISBN 9780735574465