The Legal Research and Writing Handbook: A Basic Approach for Paralegals (Aspen Paralegal) (Paperback)
With clear explanations, examples, and visual aids, The Legal Research and Writing Handbook, Eighth Edition by Andrea Yelin and Hope Viner Samborn offers complete coverage of a complex subject in a student-friendly, accessible text. In this thoroughly updated new edition, the authors continue to keep pace with legal research, citation, and technology in today's law firms. This practical text focuses on efficient research processes and techniques for both traditional and electronic sources, along with step-by-step instruction through each stage of the legal writing process, from prewriting strategies, to revising. The text is enhanced with examples and visual aids, expert writing and practice tips, hands-on exercises, ethics alerts, up-to-date web resources, and easy-to-navigate page design. Excellent exercises are provided to reinforce student learning.
- Updated and expanded coverage of electronic resources reflecting how paralegals do research today
- Detailed discussion of how to use legal authorities in legal communications and how to synthesize them and present them to attorneys
- Examples, exhibits, practical tips, updated exercises, and web resources in every chapter
- Expanded discussion of e-mail and e-memos
- In-depth coverage of the IRAC method, as well as how to write legal memoranda and legal correspondence