The Shopping Addiction Workbook: Information, Assessments, and Tools for Managing Life with a Behavioral Addiction (Paperback)
The purpose of The Shopping Addiction Workbook is to provide helping professionals with cognitive and
behavioral assessments, tools, and exercises that can be utilized to treat the root psychological causes of
a shopping addiction. It is designed to help people identify and change negative, unhealthy thoughts and
behaviors that may have led to a shopping addiction. The activities contained in this workbook can assist
participants in identifying the triggers which can lead to an addiction to shopping and teach them ways
to overcome and manage those triggers.
The Shopping Addiction Workbook will help participants to shape their behaviors:
- Recognize that they are experiencing an addiction problem.
- Reflect and become aware of the behaviors that were part of and arose from the addiction.
- Build self-esteem in positive capabilities outside of shopping.
The Shopping Addiction Workbook is a practical tool for teachers, counselors, and helping professionals
working with people suffering from a shopping addiction. Depending on the role of the person using this
workbook and the specific group's or individual's needs, the modules can be used individually or as part
of an integrated curriculum. The facilitator can administer an activity with a group or individual or use
multiple assessments in workshop.
- Understand the triggers for preoccupation with various aspects of shopping behavior.
- Develop greater self-acceptance and the ability to change ineffective behaviors.
- Understand recurring patterns that indicate a shopping addiction.
- Learn ways to live a new life without obsessing about shopping and spending.