Creative Watercolor: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners--Create with Paints, Inks, Markers, Glitter, and More! (Art for Modern Makers #1) (Paperback)
Creative Watercolor offers beginners a fun, modern, and practical approach to a timeless medium with instructions on how to paint simple motifs, create elegant lettering, and embellish projects beautifully.
Popular watercolor artist and workshop instructor Ana Victoria Calderon shares her step-by-step techniques for painting modern designs in this classic medium. All the fundamentals needed to get started in watercolor are here, allowing you to quickly learn how to create beautiful watercolor paintings. Through a series of easy tutorials and projects, you will:
- Discover basic materials and tools, plus options for embellishing your paintings
- Master essential techniques, starting with easy warm-up activities. Then, learn to layer, and get into the flow with watercolor
- Get an introduction to scanning and digital editing for making multiples
- Paint a variety of simple, beautiful designs: flowers and leaves, butterflies and critters, fruits and vegetables, and delightful lettering
- Use what you’ve learned to create unique, stylish stationery, including beautiful invitations, place cards, menus, monograms, recipe gift cards, thank you notes—any project you can imagine, for any kind of event you can think of!
There’s never been a better time to dive into the world of watercolor, so why wait? Grab a brush and get painting!
Perfect for all skill levels, the books in the Art for Modern Makers series take a fun, practical approach to learning about and working with paints and other art mediums to create beautiful DIY projects and crafts.
The author of several titles published by Quarry Books—Creative Watercolor, Color Harmony for Artists, Creative Watercolor and Mixed Media, and Creative Drawing: Symbols and Sacred Geometry—Ana Victoria Calderon is a Mexican/American watercolor artist and teacher with a bachelor’s degree in Information Design and continued studies in Fine Arts. Her licensed artwork can be seen in retail outlets throughout the United States and Europe on a wide variety of products. Ana teaches in-person workshops and hosts creative retreats in Tulum, Mexico, as well as summer watercolor retreats throughout Europe. She has taught more than 100,000 students on Skillshare, where she is a Top Teacher, and she also teaches thousands of Spanish-speaking students on Domestika. See more of Ana’s work on Instagram (@anavictoriana), YouTube (Ana Victoria Calderon), and Facebook (Ana Victoria Calderon Illustration). She lives in Mexico City, Mexico.