Cut Through the Noise: Nursing Home Care in the Baby Boomer Era (Paperback)
What comes to mind when you hear the words nursing home? Probably nothing positive, particularly if you're not familiar with nursing homes as they exist today. But given the aging of the baby boomer generation, chances are that you, someone in your family, or someone you know will become a nursing home resident soon.The good news? Nursing homes are better than ever. They strive to provide a high quality of life for their residents, and there is a wide range of facility choices and levels of care. But how do you cut through the noise and find the right fit for you or your spouse, Mom, Dad, or other Senior family member? By educating and empowering yourself with the latest insider information. Kojo Pobee, MD, a board-certified geriatrician and Certified Medical Director works in the trenches as a nursing home doctor. He wrote this book to address the negativity and misinformation about nursing homes--to cut to the truth. In Cut Through the Noise, you'll learn:
- Who needs nursing home care and when.
- What to look for in a nursing home.
- What rights every resident has.
- How to pay for nursing home care.
- Who's who on the nursing home staff.
- Where to find unbiased information.
- How you or your loved one can adjust well . . . and quickly
- And more, much more. The power of information brings peace of mind to any difficult situation. Armed with this insider's look at nursing home care, you can rapidly become an effective advocate for yourself or your family member.