American Law 101: An Easy Primer on the U.S. Legal System (Paperback)
Everyone who wants a better, working understanding of U.S. law and the way it is applied--foreign lawyers, law students or those thinking about law school, business professionals, journalists, and the simply curious--can use this straightforward, approachable guide to the American legal system.American Law 101 offers:
- easy-to-read and succinct explanations and examples of most of the concepts covered in U.S. law schools
- concepts and terms explained in plain English, with minimum use of American colloquialisms, cultural references, and slang
- short executive summaries of each chapter that cover the most crucial, "big picture" applications of the concepts covered
- simple and useful diagrams
- complete copies of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, as well as a glossary of legal terms
Chapters include thinking like an American lawyer, contracts, torts, constitutional law, criminal law and procedure, American perspectives on international business and public law, and alternative dispute resolution and civil litigation. American Law 101 provides a better understanding of the U.S. legal system--and the legal professionals working in it--to domestic and international readers.