My Venus Flytrap Won't Open (Paperback)
Myth: Painful sex is normal for women.
Myth: All women and people with cycles have PMS.
Myth: Your doctor always knows better than you.
My Venus Flytrap Won't Open disrupts and debunks commonly misrepresented ideas and myths about "normal" female sexuality and sexual health, topics that are massively under-discussed and under-researched. Millions of women who struggle with a health issue or who are marginalized by mainstream culture from the sex positivity sphere are continuously ostracized. This book highlights why we need to stop accepting the notion that female reproductive systems and sex are naturally painful.
In this book, you'll learn about:
- The history and limits of sex education and the sex positive movement in the United States.
- Perpetuated myths about female sexuality, sexual health, and pain.
- How physical disabilities and trans health are overlooked.
- The importance of advocating for oneself.
- Doctors who are making positive waves in sexual health care.
If you have ever doubted your own intuition because a doctor invalidated your concerns; if you have ever hated that movies made sex look so easy and fun; if you ever wondered why you didn't learn that in sex ed... Flytrap is a must-read.