Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy for CPT Coding, Third Edition (Paperback)
This unique resource pairs the CPT(R) code set and full descriptors with relevant anatomical illustrations created by famed medical illustrator and physician Frank Netter, MD, and others working in the Netter tradition. Each of seven chapters delves into a specific anatomical region--starting with the head and ending with the lower extremities--and opens with a brief introduction explaining the features of the region. The result is an illustrated explanation of how medical procedures relate to anatomy. This long-awaited third edition of Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy for CPT(R) Coding provides readers a natural reference tool for reviewing clinical information and understanding the assignment of codes.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- MORE THAN A DECADE OF CODE UPDATES This third edition features CPT(R) 2020 codes and descriptors from the Anesthesia, Surgery, Radiology, and Medicine sections of CPT(R) Professional and integrates them with more than 500 anatomical illustrations from the Netter collection. The second edition featured the 2009 code set.
- NEW ILLUSTRATIONS New illustrations are featured in every chapter, with more than 100 new anatomical and procedural plates.
- ADDITIONAL CODE SECTION INCLUDED Category III codes are now included, giving visual context to the relationship between anatomy and emerging technology, services, procedures, and service paradigms.
- Select CPT guidelines and instructional notes appear verbatim with the codes and illustrations while an appendix offers section opening guidelines for easy reference.
- Nomenclature notes help explain related terminology.
- A special symbol indicates when a procedural illustration exists for a code thereby allowing the reader to reference CPT(R) Professional for additional information.
- An appendix of abbreviations frequently found in CPT code descriptions and guidelines provide readers with information that can aid them in understanding documentation used to support code assignment.
- NEW EPONYMS APPENDIX A procedural eponyms appendix gives not only a list of common eponyms found within the code set but a brief explanation of each procedure.
- NEW PROCEDURAL ILLUSTRATIONS APPENDIX The inclusion of select procedural illustrations found in
CPT(R) Professional helps readers make the visual connects between anatomy and procedure.