Moon Columbia River Gorge & Mount Hood: Waterfalls & Wildflowers, Craft Beer & Wine, Hiking & Camping (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from day trips from Portland or weekend getaways from Vancouver to a road trip along the Fruit Loop, designed for outdoor adventurers, families, foodies and wine-lovers, and more
- Top experiences, and things to do: Sip your way through Mount Hood's craft beer and wine scene while you take in views of the Gorge, sample fresh vegetables and cider from a local farm stand, or pick your own fruit for a picnic. Get an up-close look at the annual salmon run from the Bonneville Lock and Dam, and spend the night in the historic Timberline Lodge
- Best outdoor adventures for every season: Hike through fields of wildflowers and marvel at the towering cascades of Waterfall Alley. Make your way to the top of Beacon Rock for panoramic views of the Gorge, or hit the slopes of Mount Hood in the winter. Kayak or raft along the White Salmon River, soak in a hot spring surrounded by old-growth forest, and spend the night under the stars on the shores of a pristine lake
- Expert advice on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around from seasoned outdoorsman and Bend local Matt Wastradowski
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling in Oregon
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
With Moon Columbia River Gorge & Mount Hood's expert tips, local insight, and countless activities, you can plan your trip your way.
Want more outdoor adventures in the PNW? Try Moon Pacific Northwest Hiking.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Matt is the co-author of Moon Pacific Northwest Hiking, and has written more than 100 articles for numerous publications, including RootsRated, REI's Co-op Blog, and Northwest Travel & Life.