The Power and Pain of Nursing: Self-Care Practices to Protect and Replenish Compassion (Paperback)
If you're sacrificing self-care as you care for other people, the intensity of nursing can transform into fatigue and overwhelm that affects your entire life.
Your clinicals taught you medicine, but you need extra help to train your mind, body, and soul for health care work. Full of simple and effective tools based on the science of compassion, this 30-day guide will renew your spirit so you can compassionately take care of your patients, your family, and most importantly, yourself.
- How to boost your composure and compassion.
- Simple daily exercises to bolster your mental health and prevent burnout.
- Meditation practices to recharge after intense shifts.
- A gear-shifting care plan that eases your transition from work to home.
- Strategies for advocacy-because empowered clinicians provide better care.
Your career can be an ongoing journey of love and resilience rather than exhaustion and depletion. Get The Power & Pain of Nursing for the compassionate support to heal your spirit while you help heal the world.