Splunk Operational Intelligence Cookbook - Second Edition: Transform Big Data into business-critical insights and rethink operational Intelligence wit (Paperback)
Over 70 practical recipes to gain operational data intelligence with Splunk Enterprise
- This is the most up-to-date book on Splunk 6.3 and teaches you how to tackle real-world operational intelligence scenarios efficiently
- Get business insights using machine data using this easy-to-follow guide
- Search, monitor, and analyze your operational data skillfully using this recipe-based, practical guide
Splunk makes it easy for you to take control of your data, and with Splunk Operational Cookbook, you can be confident that you are taking advantage of the Big Data revolution and driving your business with the cutting edge of operational intelligence and business analytics.
With more than 70 recipes that demonstrate all of Splunk's features, not only will you find quick solutions to common problems, but you'll also learn a wide range of strategies and uncover new ideas that will make you rethink what operational intelligence means to you and your organization.
You'll discover recipes on data processing, searching and reporting, dashboards, and visualizations to make data shareable, communicable, and most importantly meaningful. You'll also find step-by-step demonstrations that walk you through building an operational intelligence application containing vital features essential to understanding data and to help you successfully integrate a data-driven way of thinking in your organization.
Throughout the book, you'll dive deeper into Splunk, explore data models and pivots to extend your intelligence capabilities, and perform advanced searching to explore your data in even more sophisticated ways. Splunk is changing the business landscape, so make sure you're taking advantage of it.
What you will learn:
- Use Splunk to gather, analyze, and report on data
- Create dashboards and visualizations that make data meaningful
- Build an operational intelligence application with extensive features and functionality
- Enrich operational data with lookups and workflows
- Model and accelerate data and perform pivot-based reporting
- Build real-time, scripted, and other intelligence-driven alerts
- Summarize data for longer term trending, reporting, and analysis
Who this book is for:
This book is intended for users of all levels who are looking to leverage the Splunk Enterprise platform as a valuable operational intelligence tool. The recipes provided in this book will appeal to individuals from all facets of business, IT, security, product, marketing, and many more
Also, existing users of Splunk who want to upgrade and get up and running with Splunk 6.3 will find this book invaluable.