No-Nonsense Electrodynamics: A Student Friendly Introduction (Paperback)
Learning Electrodynamics doesn't have to be boring
What if there was a way to learn Electrodynamics without all the usual fluff? What if there were a book that allowed you to see the whole picture and not just tiny parts of it?
Thoughts like this are the reason that No-Nonsense Electrodynamics now exists.
What will you learn from this book?
- Get to know all fundamental electrodynamical concepts -Grasp why we can describe electromagnetism using the electric and magnetic field, the electromagnetic field tensor and the electromagnetic potential and how these concepts are connected.
- Learn to describe Electrodynamics mathematically - Understand the meaning and origin of the most important equations: Maxwell's equations & the Lorentz force law.
- Master the most important electrodynamical systems - read step-by-step calculations and understand the general algorithm we use to describe them.
- Get an understanding you can be proud of - Learn why Special Relativity owes its origins to Electrodynamics and how we can understand it as a gauge theory.
No-Nonsense Electrodynamics is the most student-friendly book on Electrodynamics ever written.
- First of all, it's nothing like a formal university lecture. Instead, it's like a casual conservation with a more experienced student. This also means that nothing is assumed to be "obvious" or "easy to see".
- Each chapter, each section, and each page focusses solely on the goal to help you understand. Nothing is introduced without a thorough motivation and it is always clear where each formula comes from.
- The book contains no fluff since unnecessary content quickly leads to confusion. Instead, it ruthlessly focusses on the fundamentals and makes sure you'll understand them in detail.
The primary focus on the readers' needs is also visible in dozens of small features that you won't find in any other textbook
- In total, the book contains more than 100 illustrations that help you understand the most important concepts visually.
- In each chapter, you'll find fully annotated equations and calculations are done carefully step-by-step. This makes it much easier to understand what's going on.
- Whenever a concept is used which was already introduced previously, there is a short sidenote that reminds you where it was first introduced and often recites the main points.
- In addition, there are summaries at the beginning of each chapter that make sure you won't get lost.