Drupal 9 Module Development - Third Edition: Get up and running with building powerful Drupal modules and applications (Paperback)
Build and extend flexible Drupal sites and applications with this up-to-date, expert guide to Drupal 9 module development
- Explore the essential Drupal 9 APIs for module development
- Learn how to implement data modeling, caching, architecture, and much more in your Drupal applications
- Discover what's new in the latest Drupal core releases
With its latest release, Drupal 9, the popular open source CMS platform has been updated with new functionalities for building complex Drupal apps with ease. This third edition of the Drupal Module Development guide covers these new Drupal features, helping you to stay on top of code deprecations and the changing architecture with every release.
By the end of the book, you'll have learned how to develop custom modules that can provide solutions to complex business problems, and who knows, maybe you'll even contribute to the Drupal community
What you will learn
- Develop custom Drupal 9 modules for your applications
- Master different Drupal 9 subsystems and APIs
- Model, store, manipulate, and process data for effective data management
- Display data and content in a clean and secure way using the theme system
- Test your business logic to prevent regression
- Stay ahead of the curve and write PHP code by implementing best practices
Who this book is for
If you are a Drupal developer looking to learn Drupal 9 to write modules for your sites, this book is for you. Drupal site builders and PHP developers with basic object-oriented programming skills will also find this book helpful. Although not necessary, some Symfony experience will help with understanding concepts easily.