Mastering Microsoft 365 Defender: Implement Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Identity, Cloud Apps, and Office 365 and respond to threats (Paperback)
Get to grips with Microsoft's enterprise defense suite and its capabilities, deployments, incident response, and defense against cyber threats
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF ebook
- Help in understanding Microsoft 365 Defender and how it is crucial for security operations
- Implementation of the proactive security defense capabilities of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Identity, Office 365, and Cloud Apps so that attacks can be stopped before they start
- A guide to hunting and responding to threats using M365D's extended detection and response capabilities
This book will help you get up and running with Microsoft 365 Defender and help you use the whole suite effectively.
You'll start with a quick overview of cybersecurity risks that modern organizations face, such as ransomware and APT attacks, how Microsoft is making massive investments in security today, and gain an understanding of how to deploy Microsoft Defender for Endpoint by diving deep into configurations and their architecture.
As you progress, you'll learn how to configure Microsoft Defender Antivirus, and onboard and manage macOS, Android, and Linux MDE devices for effective solutions. You'll also learn how to deploy Microsoft Defender for Identity and explore its different deployment methods that can protect your hybrid identity platform, as well as how to configure Microsoft Defender for Office 365 and Cloud Apps, and manage KQL queries for advanced hunting with ease. Toward the end, you'll find out how M365D can be integrated with Sentinel and how to use APIs for incident response.
By the end of this book, you will have a deep understanding of Microsoft 365 Defender, and how to protect and respond to security threats.
What You Will Learn:
- Understand the Threat Landscape for enterprises
- Effectively implement end-point security
- Manage identity and access management using Microsoft 365 defender
- Protect the productivity suite with Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Hunting for threats using Microsoft 365 Defender
Who this book is for:
You're a security engineer, incident responder, blue teamer, or an IT security professional who wants to deploy and manage Microsoft 365 Defender services and successfully investigate and respond tocyber threats
You have a basic understanding of networking, vulnerabilities, operating systems, email, Active Directory, and cloud apps