Godot 4 Game Development Cookbook: Over 50 solid recipes for building high-quality 2D and 3D games with improved performance (Paperback)
Explore the latest features of Godot 4 using advanced techniques and recipes to create professional-grade games with increased efficiency
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Take advantage of the new Vulkan renderer and 3D physics in Godot 4 to create high-quality games
- Streamline your game development workflow with Godot's new TileMap, TileSet, and Animation Editor features
- Discover what's changed in GDScript 2.0 and Shader additions to enhance your game development skills
Want to transition from Godot 3 to 4? Look no further than the Godot 4 Game Development Cookbook. This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to become proficient with the latest GUI, GDscript 2.0, Vulkan 2D/3D rendering, shaders, audio, physics, TileSet/TileMap, importing, sound/music, animation, and multiplayer workflows. With its detailed recipes, the book leaves no stone unturned.
The Godot 4 Cookbook begins by exploring the updated graphical user interface and helps you familiarize yourself with the new features of GDscript 2.0. Next, it delves into the efficient rendering of 2D and 3D graphics using the Vulkan renderer. As it guides you in navigating the new Godot 4 platform, the book offers an in-depth understanding of shaders, including the latest enhancements to the shader language. Moreover, it covers a range of other topics, including importing from Blender, working with audio, and demystifying the new Vulkan Renderer and the physics additions for 2D and 3D. The book also shows you how the new changes to TileSet and TileMap make 2D game development easy. Advanced topics such as importing in Godot 4, adding sound and music to games, making changes in the Animation editor, and including workflows for multiplayer in Godot 4 are covered in detail.
By the end of this game development book, you'll have gained a better understanding of Godot 4 and will be equipped with various powerful techniques to enhance your Godot game development efficiency.
What You Will Learn:
- Speed up 2D game development with new TileSet and TileMap updates
- Improve 2D and 3D rendering with the Vulkan Renderer
- Master the new animation editor in Godot 4 for advanced game development
- Enhance visuals and performance with visual shaders and the updated shader language
- Import Blender blend files into Godot to optimize your workflow
- Explore new physics system additions for improved realism and behavior of game objects
- Experience innovative features by building multiplayer games in Godot 4
Who this book is for:
The Godot 4 Game Development Cookbook is for seasoned game developers who want to acquire skills in creating games using a contemporary game engine. It is an invaluable resource for indie game developers and Godot developers who are familiar with Godot 3 and have some level of expertise in maneuvering the interface.