Elite Academy Coaching - The Secrets Behind the Development Program for Pep Guardiola's Methodology (Paperback)
This book provides you with a rare and great opportunity to learn the secrets behind the development program at Manchester City's Academy for Pep Guardiola's Methodology and game model.
Darren Bowman (former Manchester City U13, U14, and U15 Coach) has used his incredible experience to provide you with the full Manchester City Academy Program, ideal for all coaches who want to take this unique opportunity to develop players to world leading standards and improve your team's performances.
Coaching players such as Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jadon Sancho (Manchester United), Brahim Diaz (Real Madrid), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), and many more, Darren shows how repeating the same key actions and patterns for hours and hours can develop players capable of playing for a Pep Guardiola team and some of the other best teams in the world.
Practice and apply Manchester City Academy's exact training methods from Darren's training sessions in which the game principles and methodology never changes. This is how Manchester City can produce their unique, highly successful, dominant, and consistent style of play.
The Development Program, Methodology, and the 17 Training Sessions (68 Practices) included in this book are all taken directly from Darren Bowman's Manchester City Academy training sessions.
17 Training Sessions (68 Practices) Topics:
- Build-up Phase 1: Short Build-up Play from the GK
- Build-up Phase 2: Midfield Combination Play
- Build-up Phase 3: Finishing the Attack (Final Third)
- Pressing from the Front
- Defending in Midfield
- Defending Around the Box
Manchester City Academy Practice Examples:
- Break Past Opponent and Play Final Pass in a Technical Triangle Drill with Finish
- Play Inside and Outside to Break the Line in a 3v3 (+2) Directional Possession Game
- Game Related Position Specific Attacking Overloads in a Functional Practice with Channels
- Pressing from the Front to "Set the Trap" in a Dynamic 6v8 (+GK) Phase of Play
- Break Lines and Create Attacking Overloads in a Position Specific 7v7 (+GKs) 2-Zone SSG
- Pressing from the Front & Defending Through the Thirds in a Multi-Zone End to End Game