Formula E: Racing For The Future: Behind-the-scenes insight into the world’s premier all-electric racing series (Hardcover)
- The Formula E story: origins of the concept; its DNA of city-centre racing worldwide; anatomy of the original Spark-Renault SRT_01E Gen 1 car; the sporting regulations; summary of seasons from the start in 2014/15.
- Formula E’s development moves into its second phase: the new Gen 2 car introduced for the 2018/19 season, with increased range (eliminating mid-race car swaps), more power and added aesthetic flamboyance.
- The Gen 2 car described and analysed in detail: chassis, bodywork, aerodynamics, powertrain, battery, electrical equipment; suspension, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres, cockpit controls and safety equipment.
- The engineer’s view (Jaguar racing technical manager Phil Charles): vehicle dynamics and car set-up; a small, well-drilled team; scrutineering and technical checks; procedures through a race weekend; the importance of braking.
- The driver’s view (long-time Formula E driver Oliver Turvey): cockpit controls and settings; the driving challenge; the importance of the simulator; practice and qualifying; and finally the race itself.
- Forewords by Jean Todt, President of the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), and Alejandro Agag, Chairman and Founder of Formula E.
- Tabular details of car specifications and season results.
Sam Smith is a motorsport journalist and PR specialist with extensive experience in Formula-E, F1, WEC sportscar racing and Champ Car, as well as other categories. He has attended all but six Formula-E races since the start of the series in 2014, and has reported on Formula-E for Autosport and the e-racing 365 website.