Yoga and Parkinson's Disease: A Journey to Health and Healing (Paperback)
Ease stiffness, improve strength and balance, and relieve stress with gentle, easy yoga postures.
Yoga is one of the most beneficial complementary therapies for Parkinson√'s disease (PD), helping to increase flexibility, correct posture, loosen tight, painful muscles, build confidence, and in general, enhance the quality of life. Peggy van Hulsteyn, who was diagnosed with PD 12 years ago, has experienced these benefits firsthand. In Yoga and Parkinson's Disease, van Hulsteyn draws on her 40-year yoga practice, collaborating with two certified yoga teachers to provide an accessible, easy-to-follow, and encouraging guide for bringing the benefits of yoga into your life, even if you've never done yoga before.
Yoga and Parkinson√'s Disease includes:
- Step-by-step instructions and easy-to-follow photographs
- Seated and assisted postures for those with limited mobility and unsteadiness
- Postures that can be done in bed to help you start your day
- Variations to ensure comfort and safety
- Tips for making practice easy, approachable, and sustainable
And much more