Teach Skills and Break Habits: Growth Mindsets for Better Behavior in the Classroom (Paperback)
Good behavior is a skill that can be taught and developed through practice. It just requires a shift in our perspective.
If you have tried behavior folders, clip systems, or other interventions based on punishments and rewards, you've probably discovered these one-size-fits all approaches to behavior management all too often prove to be ineffective with the very students they were designed to help.
Teach Skills and Build Habits explores the reasons why what we've been doing isn't working, and how to find a new path and process that will lead to better behavior in the classroom, as well as success for students beyond their school years.
This book is for you if:
- You are an educator looking for help with student behaviors
- You spend more time managing behaviors than teaching
- Your current methods don't seem to be working
- You are looking for practical behavior strategies that can be used in a variety of settings
You will be empowered to:
- Focus on behavior change as a process of continual improvement
- Use behavior concerns as an opportunity to teach your students skills
- Help your students build on their gifts, accept their challenges, and practice areas of concern
- Build a foundation of good behavior in your students by establishing healthy relationships and creating a positive classroom climate