The Marketplace Christian: A Practical Guide to Using Your Spiritual Gifts in Business (Paperback)
Approximately 85 percent of working Christians spend the majority of their waking hours working in a for-profit company. The business world is where the unbelievers are and where the culture primarily is shaped. Yet, many marketplace Christians are unaware that their spiritual gifts have been given by the Holy Spirit to be used for ministry primarily in a business setting. In The Marketplace Christian, Darren Shearer provides practical and personalized strategies to help you discover and fulfill your specific, transformational ministry to the world of business. As a result of reading this book and completing the "Spiritual Gifts in the Marketplace" assessment (included inside), you will...
- Discover the unique spiritual gifts God has entrusted to you for ministry in the marketplace, including examples of 23 marketplace Christians who have (and are) using their spiritual gifts in business.
- Learn actionable strategies for transforming your industry for the glory of God.
- Find out why the marketplace is a great place to serve God in "full-time ministry."
- Understand your primary mission in business as a marketplace Christian.
- Cyber-security expert using the gift of discernment
- Business consultant using the gift of intercessory prayer
- Real estate developer using the gift of faith
- Professional athlete using the gift of healing
- Author using the gift of worship
- Department store owner using the gift of hospitality
- Venture capitalist using the gift of cross-cultural ministry
- Manufacturing company's CEO using the gift of compassion