Anatomy of Writing for Publication for Nurses, Fourth Edition (Paperback)
Writing well is not the result of luck or innate talent. Writing is a skill you can learn, just as you learned nursing skills such as venipuncture and suctioning. This fully updated fourth edition of Anatomy of Writing for Publication for Nurses is a practical and useful guide, where the authors remove fear and confusion surrounding the writing and publishing process.
With this book, you can learn how to:
- Improve your writing skills
- Create effective titles, abstracts, and cover letters
- Promote your work via posters and social media
- Write review articles, including systematic, scoping, and integrative reviews
- Avoid being the victim of predatory publishing
- Write collaboratively with professionals in other healthcare disciplines
- Navigate interprofessional continuing education
- Turn your dissertation or capstone project into a published article
- Understand preprints, reporting guidelines, and publication legal/ethical issues
- Write qualitative studies and report the different instruments used
- Write a letter to the editor or a peer review
- Work with contributors when writing a book
This book is divided into three parts, all of which have been updated for this new edition. Part 1, "A Primer on Writing and Publishing," describes the basics of publishing, from generating a great idea and writing the article to revising your manuscript and sharing your work. This section is packed with information on how to bolster the chance that your manuscript will be accepted for publication. Part 2, "Tips for Writing Different Types of Articles," is where you can apply what you learned in Part 1. Each chapter takes you through writing a particular type of paper or article, including clinical articles, research reports, review articles, books, personal narratives, continuing education, and materials for consumers. You can dip into the relevant chapter in Part 2 depending on your writing goals. Part 3, the appendices, has a wealth of resources, including checklists and tools.