The View from the Clinic: One Nurse's Journey in Abortion Care (Paperback)
Walk through the doors of an abortion clinic in this powerful memoir from a nurse who has been there.
Behind the emotionally charged rhetoric around abortion are the very real stories of women who have felt alone and helpless and the health care professionals who care for them.
Throughout her nearly four-decades-long nursing career, Patrice D'Amato has seen the most diverse cross section of the human population inside abortion clinics. A compassionate mosaic memoir, The View from the Clinic humanizes abortion through the multifaceted experiences inside a clinic-from the eyes and heart of a nurse who worked there.
- A transparent, clinical perspective into abortion services in America.
- Common myths-and the truth-about the long-term effects of abortions.
- What happens during an appointment to terminate a pregnancy.
- The fascinating history of birth control-and how abortion was once a highly visible, accepted aspect of life.
- Reimagined actual stories of patients' paths to abortion, from a headstrong teen to a heartbroken mom-to-be.
Pull the exam room curtain aside, and journey into a new perspective of abortion with The View from the Clinic.