Smart And Intelligent Plays In Football: A Must-Read Book To Learn About Football Philosophies: Spread Offense (Paperback)
Football is complex. Not complex in the same that way that, say, nuclear engineering is complex, but for a sport centered around tackling the person carrying an oblong leather ball, it qualifies. So while it's easy enough to turn on a football game and marvel at quaterbacks rifling passes to receivers or running backs breaking tackles, if that's all you notice the you miss out on most of what makes football great, not to mention the actions of twenty or twenty-one other players.
This book is about strategic evolution. But it's also about the people - the desperate coach experimenting with new tactics because he has nothing to lose, the wise old hand who has answers because he's seen it all, the great player whose skill permanently reshapes the game in his image - who are the source of this continuous, endlessly fascinating change.
You will find in this book:
- Pete Carroll's aggressive defense
- Chip Kelly's spread offense and new-school methods
- The roots of Bill Belichick's defensive genius
- Gus Malzahn's up-tempo offense
- The strategies Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers use to shred defenses
- Art Briles and Baylor's wide open attack
- Nick Saban's defensive evolution