Learn to Play the Native American Style Flute: Discover Your Heartsong (Paperback)
The Native American style flute is a musical instrument anyone can play
Discover your heartsong on the flute with this book. Welcome to a beautiful journey This little book is the perfect place to start your journey of learning to play the Native American style flute (NAF). No musical experience is necessary. In fact, for many people, learning to play the NAF is their first experience playing an instrument. This book will guide you through the basics of playing your flute right away.
For those who want to continue building their skills, this book provides plenty of material to do that.
Book contents include:
- Common bad habits to avoid from the start
- Discovering your heartsong as a personal practice
- Playing from the heart, the alpha and omega of the NAF journey
- Best practices for playing the NAF
- Pranayama, the practice of breath control, another benefit of playing the NAF
- Basic musical notation and how it relates to the NAF
- The Welcome Song and other songs to learn with audio examples
- Nakai Tablature instruction worksheets built right into this book
- An Extended Scale Reference Sheet showing all available notes and intervals
- Lakota Courting Song duet arrangement to share and enjoy with your flute friends
- A chart on how to play the NAF with guitar chord progressions
- Mode 1 and Mode 2, as well as the minor and relative major keys for each flute
- Online resources and access to video examples of how to play with others
- Much, much more
Welcome to a beautiful journey.
See part of the book as a flip book on my website.